How beneficial are promotional gifts for your company? That is the question everyone asks…
To try and answer that question the first independent survey has been carried out. It questioned UK businessmen and women about their trends and preferences for promotional gifts.
The key findings were:
- Promotional Merchandise can deliver a higher or equal ROI than TV, Radio, outdoor and print advertising
- 66% of respondents said they could remember the brand on the promotional product they received during the last year
- 79% said they were likely to do business with the company in the future
- 8 out of 10 (84 per cent) respondents said that a branded promotional gift increases brand awareness
- Over three quarters (87 per cent) of recipients said they kept a promotional gift for longer than 12 months
- Over half (56 per cent) of respondents said their opinion of the brand/company was more favourable after receiving the promotional product
It is clear from the survey that Promotional Merchandise influences people’s purchses and how they react to the brand. The main reason it was found for people retaining promotional merchandise is how useful the product was , using it time and time again is an on-going reminder of that brand as well. Nearly half (45 per cent) of people surveyed would most like to receive a USB, while 39 per cent could like a pen.
The reliable Mug was highlighted as being kept for the longest period of time…it goes to show that something simple and inexpensive can have an impact. They are practical, noticeable and can be used in a number of settings.
The survey has demonstrated the value that should be placed on promotional products and that they should be part of your marketing campaign. As a result your brand will be more recognisable and should lead to new and returning business.
(Source: Survey Results from BPMA)